Before I began applying for jobs in the biomedical visualization field, I spoke with a couple professors about things I could do to fix up some old pieces for my portfolio. Here are a few examples of images I’ve reworked to make better/more accurate for my portfolio.
1. Stomach (Peptic Ulcer): 1) The cardiac sphincter wasn’t constricted enough and lacked circular muscles. 2) There wasn’t enough contrast around the ulcer to attract the viewers eye, so I strengthened the red around it to make the green pop a bit more.
2. Syringe: 1) There were some jagged edges from polygons in 3ds max that I smoothed out in Photoshop. 2) The shadow being cast by the syringe wasn’t quite accurate, so I lengthened it so it no longer appeared to be floating.
3. HIV: 1) The blur was a bit too exaggerated in the fore and background, so I went back into After Effects and decreased the depth of field blur. 2) To make the environment more believable I added some more floating particles.